In still photography and video, the matte box is a device used on the end of a lens to block the sun or other light source in order to prevent glare and lens flare. It performs essentially the same function as a lens hood and also mounts in front of the lens, it includes adjustable fins or flank flags.
Another purpose of the matte box is to hold glass or plastic filters in place in front of the lens. The matte boxes are also made for Camcorder cameras and HD cameras for the same reasons as for film cameras. This matte box is supported by two rods that run the length of the camera. Features:
* Made of mostly plastics flags and black anodized aluminum tripod.
* Compatible with industry standard 15mm rods.
* Adjustable height to fit different lens sizes and diameters.
* Removable top and flank flags for easy carrying.
* High quality and durable.
* Pretty easy to use.
Almost All the General DSLR and Lens
Almost All the General Camcorder and Lens
1x Matte Box (M1)